Friday, July 20, 2007

Temple of Heaven

Well I know it's been a long time since I last posted but the internet at our apartment has been having problems.

This past Thursday we finally went to the Temple of Heaven. The gardens are beautiful there and at one part there was this really old lady singing in Chinese and this other lady dancing with a fan. Neither of them were talented in this area and so it was hilarious. I took a video but blogger won't let me upload it which is too bad because it is really good. Anyways it was so hot that day and the Chinese females always use umbrellas to shade themselves on the hot days. Well it was supposed to rain that morning so I had come prepared wtih my umbrella. I decided to go Chinese and use it to shade the sun and while everyone else got burned I didn't even sweat that bad. I think Americans should really consider the use of the umbrella on sunny days. After that we decided to make another stop at the pearl market because they are right across from each other. And if we rode for an hour on the bus why would we not go while we were there. The main reason we went was because Ally had gotten a list of things her mom wanted her to buy for their relatives. I told Ally I wasn't going to buy anything and so I would just sit with her while she picked stuff out. Well about 2 hours later I had bought 11 necklaces and 2 rings!!! Ok try to hold your judgement because some of them are gifts and some are for me. Also they were all really cheap and I figure I will never have the chance to buy real pearls for so cheap again so I better get everything I will ever want right now.


Last wednesday we had an extra long snack period because it was raining and we couldn't go to the playground. Well my kids were getting kind of rowdy and I kept having to calm them down because they were being so loud. I was sitting at my desk talking to a few of the girls when one of the more shy boys, Edwin, came up to me. This was what he whispered to me, "Teacher, Paul touch me down there." Now you should know that Paul is the kid in my class that I borderline hate. As soon as he told me this I was like, "oh gosh, what am I suppossed to do with that!?" So I called Paul over and talked to him and right in the middle of me talking to him he just starts walking away. Now this is not uncommon for korean students. I don't understand it and it just makes me mad so they get punished worse. I sent a note home to his parents just saying that Paul is not obeying the rules and was put in time out. So on thursday it happened AGAIN! I was so angry. I mean Paul, seriously! This time though Edwin was semi-laughing when he told me. I don't know what that's about. I hope this story gives you something to laugh about. It made me laugh alot when I got home but at the time I just disliked Paul more.


Ok one last story. Ally decided to give me my birthday present early and took me to get a traditional Chinese foot massage. It was fantastic. We had a 90 minute massage and they not only did our feet but also gave us a back, leg, and arm massage. By the time we were done we were so relaxed that we could barely stand up. I recommend this for any of you who ever come to China.
The lady that was dancing with her fan
The temple

1 comment:

owldog1 said...

Oh yeah Pearls for friends and family:)