Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Well I'm at school right now. It's 8:27 on Wednesday morning and I'm about to start class. Luckily they do journal for the first 15 minutes so I can update my blog. This is the best part of class because it is the only time the kids are actually quiet. I can't believe I only have three days left of teaching. I'm actually kind of glad because the kids are getting restless which makes teaching a big pain in the butt.
So last Sunday Ally and I decided to go to the late English service at the big church here. It is about 1500 people and starts at 11:30. We had gone to the church before with Becky and Tim but had gone to the 9:30 Bilingual service with only 200 people. We got there a little early so we could get a seat and all of a sudden who did I see but Lauren Hart! Wayne Barnard from ACU has brought a group of 10 ACU students up here to work in an orphanage and then all of a sudden there they were at church. Lauren is one of my friends that was here and so that was a nice surprise on sunday. After church we got to take Lauren and her sister Julie, who is also here, out to eat and then back to our side of Beijing where we showed them a fun shopping market. After that we put them in a taxi so they could head out to the pearl market.
Anyways this last week has been pretty busy so far with everything going on and I'm ready for the weekend. On Sunday my family will be here so that will be a nice break from everything. Hopefully my plan is that while they do all the sightseeing thigns I have already done I will just stay at the hotel, sleep in, and relax since I have not slept past 7:30 since I have been here. Side story: Sun keeps scratching his butt today and when I say scratching his butt I mean hand down the pants and everything. Gross. Just thought I would share that. Today I am meeting up with Ally's class so I will hopefully get a picture of the whole class so that I can post that soon and Ally and I took pictures on our bikes this morning so also something to come soon.
Last thing: who is owldog1? Someone who has commented on my blog but I'm not sure who that is. Thanks.

2 comments:

owldog1 said...

Your mom will be with you on her birthday how fun will that be?

Keep guessing. hint I am a grandma

Unknown said...

Yes, I'd also like to know who Owldog1 is. :) Any other hints??