Friday, July 13, 2007

Today was the half way mark for us. We have four weeks of teaching and we have already completed two, though we have been here for three. A few interesting things have happened this week.



1) I now have a Chinese name. I asked two of my kids to give me a Chinese name this week in class and so they named me Bae Sujin Moon. Two reasons. Bae Sujin because one of them had a teacher that was the smartest, funniest, and kindest person she ever knew and I reminded her of her... Now I thought I was mean in class but I guess I'm doing something right, and Moon because they like that name. I would also like to add that from now on I will only be answering to this name so please commit it to memory.



2) Yesterday Sun was wearing a shirt that said EXCITING, COMFY, ROMANTIC stitched really big across the front. I thought that was really funny... look below for a picture of sun (sorry he isn't wearing the shirt in the picture but you will finally know who I am always talking about).



3) Yesterday Ally and I went to the Sunny Gold Market and I was talking to this girl because Ally was trying to buy a wallet. It is always bad to be the one not looking because they all jump on you and try to sell you everything else. So this one girl started complimenting me on everything I had on and what not (they all do this and I choose to believe I'm just really cool here and not that they are trying to butter me up so I'll buy something) anyways she loved my earings and when they like your earings they always want you to take one off so they can look at it, then they want to know where you got it and for how much. So then she was like "May I?" and I didn't know what she was talking about so I said "sure" and she started putting my earing back in my ear for me. It took her like 3 minutes and it was very awkward. She was really excited that she got to do that for some reason though and kept thanking me like I did something nice for her.



4) Yesterday Ally and I walked outside our apartment and a 1-2 year old was squatting down and peeing on the floor. Now we've seen tons of babies with those pants on that have no crotches/butts but we hadn't actually seen them in use yet. We wanted to take a picture but used our best judgement and decided that wouldn't be appropriate. I will however try to slyly get a picture of a baby with the pants on for everyone's enjoyment. Anyways that was a nice way to start our day at 7:30 in the morning.

The crowded buses
Check out the man in the window
Ok Sun is in the stripped shirt on the right. The boy in the middle drives me CRAZY!
Two of my good girls. The one of the right was the one who named me Bae Sujin.

I told them to smile big! The one on the left is the one who named me moon.

1 comment:

JENNY said...

I really loved seeing pictures of your students. They are really cute. Sun seems so funny. By the way, when you get home, can I put your earrings on for you?